Thursday, August 25, 2005

Happy Birthday to Me!!!

So it's my birthday. YAY! I guess. I don't know how I feel about this whole exposing my inner-most thinkings to the greater world. I mean, if I meet you in person and disclose way more than I should that's one thing. But over-disclosing without being able to look you in the eyes is a whole 'nother matter. Anywho, I've got way too much to overdisclose to be able to do it in this blog so I think I'll never make for a good blogger. Better stick to objective, academic essays that tell you nothing about me.

It's my birthday. I am now 29. I'm sitting home watching BET. Trina and somebody else. "Bad Chick". I'm going onto Itunes to look for the clean version of it. I love it....though I should probably listen more closely to the lyrics before I publish such proclamations. :-) Anyway, I don't think Miami rappers quite have clean versions of their songs--and at 29 I probably shouldn't be trying to download songs called "Bad Chick" but...you know, 30s are the new 20s...so...

Anywho, I just thought I'd start blogging today since it is the start of my 29th year. Almost 3 decades. I'm glad that I believe I've changed more than the world has. As I watch BET I can tell you what hasn't changed---videos (1) ugly rappers still wearing too much jewelry...and more jewelry than they can afford...surely they've got it on loan...one rap song on BET does not a rich person make (somebody better tell all the kids who are aspiring rappers!!!) 2) ugly rappers still gettin' at women who are too pretty for them...and cost more than they can afford...the women'll only talk to them if they think said ugly rapper can help them get an acting career...sadly these women are pretty and somehow somewhere along the way must've learned that pretty must be all they got...cause if they'd learned something else they'd be doing something else cause simple laws of statistics will tell them that video hos more often than not end up as washed up as all the talented 35-year old basketball players who live at home with their mommas but "still got a mean game!!"..and 3) joe (yeah, joe of "stutter", "all the things your man won't do" fame)! he still ain't got his own woman and is still singing about what he's going to do with someone else's woman. So anyway, on my 29th birthday I will celebrate--or mourn--the fact that rap videos have not changed much in my 29 years.

A big shout out of love to all of my friends who remembered...a special shout out to the pre-noon crew (if you're on EST or CST)...that's for those who really, really remembered ;-).

Happy birthday to me. And thanks nifamatic for the song ON the world wide web. WHAT technology!!!!

4 comments:

nifamatic said...

Yay! A blog is born and on the 29 anniversary of our dear Shani, no less!! Have rap videos been around for 29 years? I wonder if there were any video hos in "Rapper's Delight?" "Hotel, motel, Holiday Inn. If your girl starts actin' up, then you ake her friend." Yeah. Probably.

nifamatic said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
nifamatic said...

Well wouldn't you know it, there is a Rapper's Delight video. But I'm at work, so I couldn't watch it long enough to look for video hofessionals.

Anonymous said...

joe's second album is actually quite good.